How to add an Auto Attendant
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the image or use the arrow keys to continue to the next step
Once you have planned your prompt menu, scripted your greetings and established your schedules, you can add an Auto Attendant for a chosen group by following these steps:
- 1. After selecting a group, click Manage attendants link from the Quick access section.Note: Group Administrators will not have to select a group prior to this step.
- 2. Click Add.
- 3. Enter an ID for the Auto Attendant in the Auto attendant ID text box.Note: You must use a minimum of 6 characters and a maximum of 80 characters.
- 4. Enter a descriptive name for the Auto Attendant.
Enter a first and last name to be associated with the Auto Attendant in the Calling line ID last name and Calling line ID first name text boxes.Note: These names will be displayed on the outgoing caller ID.
- 6. From the Department drop-down list, select None to assign the Auto Attendant at the group level, or select a specific department to assign the Auto Attendant to.
- 7. From the Time zone drop-down list, select the time zone that is most appropriate for the group’s location.
- 8. From the Language drop-down list, select the language to be used by the default greeting.
- 9. From the Business hours drop-down list, select the time schedule during which you’d like your business hours message to play.Note: If the schedule you want does not appear, you can create it on the Time schedule page.
- 10. From the Holiday schedule drop-down list, select the holiday schedule during which you’d like your after-hours greeting to play.Note: If the holiday schedule you want does not appear, you can create it on the Holiday schedule page.
- 11. Select one of the Scope of extension dialling options to limit the extensions that can be reached to the Enterprise, Group, or Department levels.
- 12. Select one of the Scope of name dialling options to limit the employees that can be reached by name to the Enterprise, Group, or Department levels.
- 13. Select one of the Name dialling entries options to set the accepted order a caller can provide the name of a person in.
- 14. Click Save to save your changes and continue to the next steps: configuring your business hours and after hours greeting and call menu.