Next stepPrevious step
How to modify a Call Manager queue’s overflow options
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the image or use the arrow keys to continue to the next step
- This Overflow page allows you to configure a queueʼs routing policy when a large number of calls are received or when calls have been on hold for longer than the configured threshold.
- 1. After selecting a group, click Call Management.
- 2. Click Business Lines.
- 3. Click Call Manager queue.
- 4. Click on the queue you would like to modify.
- 5. Click Call Control.
- 6. Click Overflow.
- 7. Select the routing action from the choices available.
- Perform busy treatment — A busy signal will be heard by callers.
- Transfer to phone number — Transfer the call to the number specified in the provided field.
- Play ringing until caller hangs up — Allow the number to continue ringing until the caller hangs up.
- 8. Check Enable overflow after calls wait [x] seconds if you want to enable overflow for calls that have been on hold for longer than the time specified in the designated field.
- 9. Check Play announcement before overflow processing if you want callers to hear an announcement prior to being routed.
- 10. Select the audio announcement option from the choices available.
- Default — Use the system default entrance message.
- Custom — Use a personalized message of your choosing.
- 11. If you select Custom, click Choose File and browse to the .wav file with your pre-recorded entrance message. You can also use the Voice Portal to record your message.
- 12. To save your changes, click Save and you will be returned to the previous page. To exit without saving, click Cancel.