How to perform a Consultative Transfer
A Consultative Transfer places the caller on hold and enables you to have a private discussion with the intended recipient before the transfer is completed.
1. Push the Transfer button on your handset.
2. When you hear a dial tone, dial the number to which you want to transfer the call.
3. Wait for the recipient to answer. At this point you may have a one-on-one discussion with this person.
Note: If you reach voicemail or if the intended recipient does not wish to participate in the call, push the End call button or hang up your handset to place the first call on hold, then push the blinking line button or the Hold button to continue your discussion with the first caller.
4. Push the Transfer button again to connect all three lines together on the call.
5. Hang up at any time to complete the call transfer.