How to add a contact to your Friends list
The personal address book helps you manage, track and access information about all of your key contacts.
1. Click Contacts.
2. Click the + icon to add a contact.
3. Enter the contactʼs name and a nickname.
4. Enter a preferred contact number. The default is the SIP address. This is the Unified Communications phone number to reach the contact.
If you do not specify a SIP address, the PC Phone generates one using the Preferred Contact field. For example, if the preferred contact is “Home phone” with the number 555-5555, a SIP address like “firstname.lastname@example.org” is generated. The SIP address generated may not be valid, but the system attempts to call the SIP address.
Complete any of the optional fields:
- Phone number — home, mobile, pager and fax numbers can be entered.
- Email — the contactʼs email address.
- Group — allocate this contact to a group so you can perform single actions to all members of the group.
- Custom ring — Click on the menu icon to select a ring tone for this contact.
5. Click Save.
6. The new contact is added to the contacts list.