The Remote Office feature allows you to make and receive calls from any location while appearing as though you are working from your office desk. This is done by sending out the Calling Line ID established for your business line to the phone you are calling rather than the ID for your actual location.
When you enable the Remote Office feature:
- Your office voicemail picks up any unanswered calls
- Your office receptionist can still ‘see’ when you are on a call
- Your Remote Office will ring for any Auto Attendant-directed calls, call hunting, or internal extension dialling
- Outbound calls using the desktop app’s Call from Phone option will display your work name and office number
- Outbound long-distance charges are applied based on your office number when using the desktop app’s Call from Phone option