Next stepPrevious step
How to manage an active conference call
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the image or use the arrow keys to continue to the next step
- The audio conferencing bridge owner can manage various options during an active call using the Desktop app or by using DTMF codes on via their desk phone.
- 1. Mute/un-mute: An audio conferencing owner or participant can mute themselves while on the audio conferencing bridge via the ‘My Room’ option in the Desktop app or by pressing *1 on their phone dial pad. Audio conferencing owners can also mute everyone from the ‘My Room’ option in the Desktop app. When this option is selected an audio announcement confirming the Mute/Un-mute is played.
- 2. Participant count: An owner or participant can get a count of the number of participants that are on the audio conferencing bridge in the ‘My Room’ option in the Desktop app or by pressing *2 on their phone dial pad.
- 3. Lock/unlock: An owner can lock or unlock an audio conference, which prevents any new users from joining the bridge, this includes adding a participant. The owner can also lock or unlock the bridge using *4 on their phone dial pad. When this option is selected an audio announcement confirming the Lock/Unlock is played.
- 4. Add participant: An audio conferencing room owner can invite a participant to join by dialing *6 on their phone and following the prompts.
- 5. Active talker: An Audio conferencing room owner can see who the active talker in the ‘My Room’ option in the Desktop app.
- 6. End conference: The owner of the audio conferencing room can force all participants out of the room by selecting Dismiss all. When this option is selected, an announcement confirming the end of the conference is played. The owner can also close the conference call by dialing *8 on their phone dial pad. Press 1 to confirm you want to end the audio conference or press # to return back to the audio conference bridge.