Next stepPrevious step
Receiving a call
Click on each section below to see the associated image. You can also click the image or use the arrow keys to continue down the list.
- An incoming call appears in the call view of the display window. If you don't answer the call within 10 seconds, the line view appears. With the Polycom VVX 410, you can handle incoming calls in several ways.
Answer the call using the handset, speakerphone or headset and speak to the caller.
Stop your phone from ringing and send the call to voicemail.
Select this button to display Ignore. If you ignore a call, the caller hears ringing until they disconnect or is directed to an unavailable route. You will see the caller on your line, so you can answer if you want, but the line will not ring.
- Answering on a shared line:
If you share a line, you can answer the call or someone else can.If you answer the call and hold it, anyone who shares your line can answer the held call by pressing * 60.
- Answering calls automatically:
If you set your phone to auto-answer calls, your phone automatically answers incoming calls using the speakerphone. Your phone rings once before the call is auto-answered.
If you enable the Auto Answer feature and a call arrives while you're on a call, the incoming call is automatically answered when you put the current call on hold, or end it.To enable Auto Answer:
- On the home view, select Settings > Basic > Preferences > Auto Answer.
- To enable your phone to automatically answer SIP calls, select Auto Answer SIP Calls, then select Yes.
- Press Save.